In the News
Below are links to recent media, articles, blogs, or newsletters featuring COLC’s work, as well as important national and international ocean literacy-related news and announcements. Have an ocean literacy news story to share? We would love to hear it! You can share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Globe and Mail: Leaders share their views on what’s important for the future of our oceans (June 10, 2021) – Diz Glithero, National Lead, COLC; Sabine Jessen, Executive Director, IMPAC5 Secretariat; Lawrence Martin, Manager, Mushkegowuk Marine Region
- Ocean Literacy: A Critical Need for Canada (June 8 2021) – LinkedIn article by Anton Holland, CEO, NIVA Inc.
- Oceans Under Stress Need our Protection (June 7, 2021) – article by Shawn McCarthy, energy and climate change reporter, senior council at Sussex Strategy Group
- Sea Beyond: The Case for Ocean Literacy in Canada (March 2021) – Canada’s Ocean Supercluster feature blog post, authored by Tom Paddon, CEO, Vale NL Ltd. & Baffinland Iron Mines Ltd.
- Strategy Launch Event – March 16th, 2021 – Press Release
- Ocean Networks Canada – Canadian Ocean Literacy Coalition Launches Land Water Ocean Us – Canadian Ocean Literacy Strategy
- Delphi Group highlights COLC’s National Strategy work in their recent report ‘Scaling Up the Blue Economy’ (January 2021) – see page 29.
- Ocean Literacy Seed Fund Success Story (author: Ocean Frontier Institute)
- Ocean Week Canada, June 7 – 11, 2021
- H2O Conference, Halifax, NS, June 7 – 10, 2021
- Canadian Water Summit, Ottawa, ON, June 9 – 11, 2021
- NAME – CaNOE 2021 Conference: Education for Sustainable Seas, Virtual Event, Aug 17 – 21, 2021
Call for proposals now open
- Kick-Off Conference of the UN Ocean Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development, Berlin, Germany, May 31 – June 2, 2021
- All-Atlantic 2021: Connecting, Acting, Cooperating, Azores, Portugal, June 3 – 4, 2021
- World Oceans Day, June 8th, 2021
- UN Ocean Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, Summer 2021 (new dates to be announced)
- IUCN World Conservation Congress, Marseille, France, September 3 – 11, 2021
- 5th International Marine Protected Area Congress (IMPAC5), Vancouver, Canada, June 23 – 30, 2022